9 Month Letter to Babybutt

Update Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM.
Dalam topik musings,my sweetest

Dear E,

You are now 9 mos old. (How does it happen??) Three months to go until that big year birthday! I don't know how Mommy's heart can take it. You are even more the light of my life than before. I didn't know it was possible for my love for you to keep growing. It was already so huge that it knocked me for a loop. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to burst with it. I think it's safe to say that Daddy feels the same.

You are still shy and sensitive, but growing more bold with time. When something's too much, you turn your face to my shoulder and grip me hard. That's how we know it's time to back it down. I love that you trust us so much. You rarely cry with us and seem to completely trust that we will fix whatever is wrong. You are ever so patient even when hungry, tired or dirty (which you HATE.) It still takes you some time to warm up to people, but it's not as scary for you. You fix them with "the look" for a few minutes. If they pass the test, that blindingly beautiful smile comes out. Can I just be a biased Mommy for a minute and tell you how many people have complimented you on your beautiful smile and adorable face? I think you'll have the power to be a charmer, but the sensitivity to use it wisely and kindly.

You finally try to crawl and pull yourself up! You've just now decided that it's something you'd like to accomplish. I think you've realized that's the only way you'll ever get those wires from which Mommy and Daddy so meanly hold you back. You're a big fan of opening drawers, but not a fan of peas, black beans or avocado.

Dancing is ever so fun, and you wiggle on your butt or feet when we say, "Dance dance baby!" You do it when music is playing as well. You still hate loud noises like packing tape sounds, but are lovey as ever. Your big new loving thing is to say "aaaaawwww" and pat us on the arm, leg, chest - whatever is handy. You pat me a lot. Daddy always says, "Good Mommy" as if I'm a puppy. It's pretty cute.

And man are you SMART! You really connect with us, try to figure out how things work and understand so many words. You love books even more than you did before and want to read often. You still turn the pages as you did from about 5 months on, but now if I show you 2, 3, 4 or even more books and say, "which one?" you pat the book you want to read. If you don't like the choices, you turn to look over the arm of the rocking chair where a more palatable choice may linger. I love reading to you. Mommy and Daddy love books, so it's pretty cool that you do too.

By the way, everything you see suddenly HAS to be the baby's. It's sometimes challenging to keep you from harm, but you are so very good about it when we turn you away from something. At most you fuss for a few seconds. I really can't complain. I have a wonderful baby.

Daddy is fond of saying that how beautiful you are is such a shock to the eyes after he's been away from you, and it's true. You are physically beautiful, no doubt, but your little soul shines so brightly for us, and the love that we all share is just a gorgeous thing. When that's all combined, it's almost overwhelming for your two humble little parents.

Love you forever and ever and ever,
M

Share On : Pin It
9 Month Letter to Babybutt
Artikel ini diposting dari blog , Tuesday, October 5, 2010, at 6:15 PM dalam topik musings, my sweetest dan permalink http://mateinthree.blogspot.com/2010/10/9-month-letter-to-babybutt.html. 47. Jangan lupa baca artikel terkait dan tinggalkan komentar di bawah ini.

Tinggalkan Komentar: