I just got back from the Clinical Endocrinologist's (CE) office. Imagine this: In that office, you get to see the doctor every time! This is only the second time I've met with her. I liked her the first time, and it hasn't changed yet. I asked if she would take over my PCOS care and she agreed. Our goal now is to balance my hormones and get me healthy. If a pregnancy follows, then that's great. The wonderful news here is that my TSH is right where it should be at 1.33!
She confirmed many suspicions I had and will monitor my health closely. She thinks there may be more going on than just the PCOS problem since it seems to be fairly mild. She is very concerned about the fact that I have had high prolactin and is going to monitor it more closely. As for the metformin (glucophage), she says that there is no research to support that it can delay or halt ovulation, but that since we know so little about how it really works with PCOS, anything is possible.
Our plan is this: I go off the metformin for the time being, and I go back to my B complex vitamins and Flaxseed. (Note: I do not know why RE said flaxseed is bad. So far, everything I've read has said it's good for pcos. In addition to that, my TCM practitioner and the CE think it's good.) We will see how my cycle goes this month, and I'll have all my bloodwork records sent to the CE. Then I'll have more bloodwork done, and we'll reevaluate in February. If the bloods show really obvious pcos, then we'll go back to metformin.. higher dose. If they don't, but something else is out of whack, we'll go after that problem.
I'm ready for this. Bring it on. (again)
**another note: For those wondering - yes, you can have withdrawal symptoms from metformin. I had them last night. Not pretty.
Rearranging Priorities
Update Monday, January 7, 2008 at 11:43 AM. by Fertility Challenged in Florida
Dalam topik medical history,PCOS,thyroid,treatments
Dalam topik medical history,PCOS,thyroid,treatments