Updated at bottom for Unsung Lullabies post link! Move on to the next post: Assessment of Myself at Living a New Life with Infertility.
Before I get into it, can you see why I want a baby with that man? Thanks so much for your sweet replies to him everyone. It's a big deal for him to have done that, so I'm so happy to see such a welcoming response from all of you.
I've been pretty mum about the whole Tyra Banks show fiasco but have been meaning to talk about it at some point. Originally I was going to wait until the show aired, but after I saw the nasty bait and switch that occurred, I don't even want to give her the benefit of the doubt. Basically, what happened was that the show put out a request to some infertility support organizations to see if people would be willing to share their stories. However, on the show website, the call for guests was posted in a very different, very sensationalized manner, and the show appears to have been taped in the latter style. In my opinion, it was an unconscionable decision. I can't imagine they would call other chronically ill people to their show merely for ratings (or maybe they would?), but in any case, the many diseases and issues behind infertility deserve more respect than to be mocked on national TV. For a complete rundown on what happened, see this post at BlogHer.
OK, enough about Tyra. I've been ordering more and more info on adoption. We still both think we'll do state adoption, but the lure of the open newborn adoption is very strong. Most of the fuzzy, warm stories you see on TV are about private domestic adoption, and so many people are eager to share with you why state adoption can just be so bad (not that I think that's necessarily a completely accurate portrayal.) As a result, we are still fairly torn on what we'll do eventually. On top of that, the hope of conceiving is still very much alive and strong in both of us. We won't completely give up that hope if we adopt, but at the same time, I think we are currently at the point where it will interfere with us moving forward enough to go through adoption with happy hearts.
Therefore, we have to take this in baby steps and work through it as best we can. One thing that I have meant to do for a long time is to read the book Unsung Lullabies. Time and time again, others refer to it as a book that has has helped them to understand their feelings regarding infertility, and as one that has helped them to move on. The author of Living a New Life with Infertility has thoughtfully offered to run a blog ring reading group of sorts for this book. We will read it in sections and then post our observations at the end of each week. At the bottom of the review post will be a link to the next blog on the list for discussion. I'm very excited to read it with all these other wonderful people, and hope that doing so will help illuminate what I need to learn that much better. If you're interested, please read along.
Working Through It
Update Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 5:15 PM. by Fertility Challenged in Florida
Dalam topik adoption,crazy sh*t,IF education
Dalam topik adoption,crazy sh*t,IF education