Might as well have some fries with that...

Update Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 5:54 PM.
Dalam topik politics

So you remember this post about offensive political emails at Creating Motherhood? At the time, I voted that it's generally best to just delete them. However, I forgot to add that if it's someone I care enough about, I sometimes will point out that while the email may be funny, I am among the intended targets for all the hilarity. I've had a few polite responses or interesting discussions after my replies.

However, I've also lately been barraged by a few people even after I've asked that they kindly refrain and then gone on to ignore the more rabid rants. These missives all share some important conclusions.

  1. I am surely a blibbering idiot.
  2. If I am not an idiot, then I am at the very least, completely unable to research facts to choose a candidate according to my beliefs on policy.*
  3. The world will probably implode if I go ahead with the vote I intend to cast.
  4. Maybe I am evil in addition to number one.
  5. My candidate is the Devil and a bad tipper to boot (support for number 4).
  6. I am surely a blibbering idiot.
WHY. WON'T. THEY. STOP?

At least the forwards aren't personal. The self-typed ones are personalized just for me. Aren't I lucky? Anyway, I'm saying all this to point out that I've developed a new policy. It is this: Unless you are pretty certain that the person with whom you are corresponding can give you a different viewpoint in an objective manner (WITH facts and true examples), just hit delete on all forwards until after the election in November. It will save a lot of hassle.**

And remember to check out those facts! Here are some whoppers from both sides so far for '08.

___________________________________________________________________

*These are usually the individuals that also don't have any facts to support their thoughts - just emotions and a sense of, "I'm voting for X because he just seems like a golly gosh darn super guy!"

**Please know to those with whom I've corresponded successfully on these issues - I am not talking about you. I'm talking about the people who lash out.

Share On : Pin It
Might as well have some fries with that...
Artikel ini diposting dari blog , Thursday, September 25, 2008, at 5:54 PM dalam topik politics dan permalink https://mateinthree.blogspot.com/2008/09/might-as-well-have-some-fries-with-that.html. 47. Jangan lupa baca artikel terkait dan tinggalkan komentar di bawah ini.

Tinggalkan Komentar: