Titles Elude Me

Update Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 6:57 PM.
Dalam topik politics

Wow. Just wow. I feel so privileged to witness this period in history. No doubt it is tumultuous and uncertain, but it is a pivotal moment in our country in so many ways.

I stayed up quite late to watch the election coverage last night, and I'm paying for it today. May I say that both Senator McCain and President-elect Obama delivered amazing speeches. I feel that both said just what needed to be said. I am in awe and so glad that I stayed up to see them live. I clutched Hub's hand as I drank in each word.

It's obvious from my blog who I supported. And I supported him because I believed in the possibilities of his policies. However, no matter which candidate you supported, you can't deny the historic event that is a mixed race man becoming President. This whole race was historic with a female vp candidate (run one other time) and a very viable candidate for a female President as well. But watching Barack Obama stand up there to deliver his speech, I was struck. We can do it. We can heal some of our divides. Women and ethnicities other than whites are still the minorities in almost all positions of power in this country. To see a person of color standing on that stage giving an acceptance speech - awesome. It filled me with hope, excitement and pride.

I grabbed Hub and looked him in the eye. "Do you realize," I said, "that no matter how we have a child... if we conceive or if we adopt, we will very probably have a mixed race child. Isn't it amazing that our child will have this hope... that our child will see Barack Obama of the dark skin and the Muslim name and know for a fact that anything is truly possible for him or her."

I hope we can put aside our differences and work together to help our country. The divides scare me. I want us to come together. And the reason I voted for my candidate is because I thought he was a man who could do it. I pray that it's true. In any case, I'm so proud of all of us for our huge voter turnout, and the surge of patriotism we've seen these past few months. Hallelujah.

Share On : Pin It
Titles Elude Me
Artikel ini diposting dari blog , Wednesday, November 5, 2008, at 6:57 PM dalam topik politics dan permalink https://mateinthree.blogspot.com/2008/11/titles-elude-me.html. 47. Jangan lupa baca artikel terkait dan tinggalkan komentar di bawah ini.

Tinggalkan Komentar: