When we were at the doctor's office yesterday, he surprised us by saying he could not condone the use of 3-D ultrasounds for pleasure and would not perform one. That actually shocked me because I had not yet heard of any controversy surrounding the practice. After all, most of my friends and family have 3-D photos of their babies in utero. And the photos are astonishingly detailed. We could tell my nephew had his Mom's nose before he was born.
This seemed to be a hot button topic for my usually cheery doctor, so I asked him about it. He explained that the frequency is different for the 3-D's and that there could be some evidence to show that it can cause certain side effects that aren't worth the risk unless there's a medical need to see such detail.
At first I was sure I still wanted the ultrasound. I've been dreaming of seeing my beautiful baby in such detail for a long time. But then reason prevailed, and I started doing research on the topic. I couldn't find a lot of information, but here is a very informative article that might change my mind. Has anyone else heard this? If you or loved ones were in the situation, what did you decide to do?
3-D Ultrasound Concerns
Update Friday, July 10, 2009 at 9:19 AM. by Fertility Challenged in Florida
Dalam topik Me - Pregnant?,opinion differences
Dalam topik Me - Pregnant?,opinion differences