Politics Anew

Update Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 4:00 AM.
Dalam topik politics

I am ashamed to say that I have been so self absorbed lately that I have definitely dropped far off in keeping up with politics and world relations. I keep half an ear to the radio and tv and click on news stories occasionally, but I haven't been actively seeking information as I usually do. We all know why this is happening, but that's a shame because I've always felt that I want to be an informed mother who makes her choices based on research and not feelings, and who can teach her children the same way. Lately, however, it seems my brain cells are dropping off one by one.

This is where you come in. One thing in particular about which I should know much more is the proposed health care plan. I know it makes me nervous any time the government tries to fix health care, because I'm not certain it can be done properly with all the bickering and pandering. I know a tiny bit, but it seems difficult to understand how the plan will work without hearing a load of bull from one side or the other. Plus, I'm just feeling lazy. If anyone would like to point out research that helped them understand their stance on the issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Note that I'm looking for more fact based information. The sensationalist stuff is quite easy to find. Notably, if there are made up words or words that invoke certain peoples' names or explosive words such as "doomsday," then I'm not interested.

I did just hear the Pope's views on redistribution of wealth and economic concerns. Though I'm not Catholic, it has always fascinated me the way the Church leans left of our Democrats on most socioeconomic issues and right of them on most purely social issues like homosexuality. It would make for some difficult voting if you're doing it according to your religious beliefs, that's for sure.

Share On : Pin It
Politics Anew
Artikel ini diposting dari blog , Saturday, July 11, 2009, at 4:00 AM dalam topik politics dan permalink https://mateinthree.blogspot.com/2009/07/politics-anew.html. 47. Jangan lupa baca artikel terkait dan tinggalkan komentar di bawah ini.

Tinggalkan Komentar: