Diaper Burn

Update Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 6:20 PM.
Dalam topik crazy sh*t,my sweetest

I know some people may think Pampers is getting a bad rap. I know some people think Moms may be overreacting to the whole Dry Max debacle. However, we had confirmation today that that stuff hurts E - badly. We wondered what the regulars would do since the sensitive ones just gave him some red welts. Now we know.

E's daycare provider put a non sensitive Pampers diaper on him for some unknown reason. He had plenty of Huggies Pure and Natural in his bag. (Remind me to call Huggies and send them some love.) Anyway, she mentioned that he had gotten a diaper rash from his somewhat looser stool today. He went there with no diaper rash despite having had pretty much liquid stool with us through the weekend. I didn't take him home and change him right away because we had to stop at the grocery store. When we got him here, we noticed the odd diaper. It was a Pampers one. When I took it off, his poor bum looked like this:


This photo is just his LEG. It's the minor part of the rash. It was also taken after we had already treated the rash/burn, let him air out and then put on one of his good diapers for a while. It was much worse. It's astonishing how just taking off that diaper helped him heal. The worst parts of it were where his skin had actually peeled up. He looked literally like a chemical burn patient. His skin was also crimson and irritated the whole way up his belly and down his legs where the diaper had touched. He couldn't bear to lie on his back because it hurt. This happened after one (maybe more?) Dry Max diaper to a baby who has never had a rash like this in his life and who did not have a rash when we last saw him. I really really wish Pampers would take this seriously. I realize E is probably more sensitive, but it seems to be happening to lots of babies. And even if it's not causing this kind of damage to each child, chemicals that do this can NOT be good for a baby period (or anyone else for that matter.)

Sorry for the rant. I'm just a wee bit frustrated. My poor teething (teeth showing!!!) baby didn't need this on top of it. He was up every single hour last night.

Share On : Pin It
Diaper Burn
Artikel ini diposting dari blog , Thursday, October 14, 2010, at 6:20 PM dalam topik crazy sh*t, my sweetest dan permalink https://mateinthree.blogspot.com/2010/10/diaper-burn.html. 47. Jangan lupa baca artikel terkait dan tinggalkan komentar di bawah ini.

Tinggalkan Komentar: